Commitment to Your Future
What is your career path at Goodwin House? The sky is the limit! We strongly believe in developing our employees, and promoting professional growth through educational and career opportunities. We want you to grow and flourish here.
An important part of career development at Goodwin House is the continuation of formal and vocational education. We provide tuition assistance to full-time and part-time employees who meet eligibility requirements, regardless of department or position. The Tuition Assistance Program provides resources to help you achieve your educational goals and prepares you for new, more challenging and/or promotional opportunities.
- Employees promoted over the last year: 18
- Employees advancing their knowledge and skills through tuition assistance during calendar year 2017: 96
- Number of employees who received expanded career development opportunities: 162
In 2017, GHI invested $140,474 in employee tuition.
Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leadership Program (ELP) invests in approximately one dozen rising leaders each year within GHI to grow their leadership knowledge and potential.
- ELP graduates: 40
- Promotions since graduating: 17 of the 40 alumni have been promoted within GHI
- The roles of six graduates have increased in size and scope, reflecting the knowledge and skill-building they gained through participation in the ELP
Goodwin House University
Goodwin House provides other opportunities for personal and professional education and development, including an on-site training program we call GHI University. With a holistic approach to training, a wide range of classes encourages employees to broaden their interests and skills both professionally and personally.
View current openings at Goodwin House Alexandria and Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads.