We are proud of the Goodwin House communities, and we are pleased when others recognize what sets us apart.
A small sampling of recent honors to our communities, staff and volunteers include the following:
Recognizing the organization
- Best Nursing Homes, U.S. News and World Report, February 2012
- Excellence in Aging Award for an Organization to Goodwin House Alexandria and Goodwin House Foundation, Alexandria Commission on Aging, May 2010
- City of Alexandria, “Silver-Level employer” (superior commuter options for employees), 2011
- Alexandria Beautification Commission, Special Recognition for GHA residents’ garden boxes, 2006
- Fairfax County Land Conservation Award, Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads, 2012
Recognizing individual staff, residents and volunteers
- Human Resources Professional Excellence Award in the non-profit category, HR Leadership Awards of Greater Washington, Fran Casey, Goodwin House Corporate Director of Human Resources, 2005.
- National Association Trustee of the Year, LeadingAge, David Canfield, 2011
- Lois Van Valkenburg Lifetime Achievement Award, Alexandria Commission on Aging, GHBC resident Justine Rowe, 2007, and David Baker, GHA Facility Services Administrator, 2012
- MDS (Minimum Data Set) Coordinator of the Year, American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC), Sandy Reed-Bryant, 2012
- Virginia General Assembly Art Exhibit, 2nd place in the Mixed Media category, GHBC resident, Ben Wilmot, 2012