On the heels of completing our new Small House Living Health Care Center, Goodwin House Alexandria (GHA) continues to invest in campus innovations and enhancements.
Small House Living Health Care Center – Now Open!
On June 3, GHA opened the ‘small house’ urban senior living community – the largest of this kind of innovative facility in the D.C. metro area. The new 80,000 square foot health care facility is a dramatic departure from anything else in the D.C. metro area.
The new Health Care Center will accommodate 80 residents, including seniors in need of memory or mobility support, short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. The Center – with reservations at near capacity occupancy – connects directly to Goodwin House Alexandria’s existing community to provide more than 500,000 square feet of senior care facilities on one campus.
Exciting Renovations to GHA Common Areas
Renovations and Improvements are underway and on schedule to redesign common areas on the main and ground floors of GHA. This multi-million dollar investment in bringing GHA to a new level of elegance, appeal and convenience will deliver:
- Three dining venues: a formal dining room, a contemporary dining venue and a casual venue that also serves for take-out meals and expanded outside dining
- A coffee bar by morning and a cocktail lounge by evening
- Revitalized health and wellness exercise center moving to a location on the first floor with featured access to natural light
- A brand new aerobics room adjacent to the Fitness Center
- New residential apartments on the second floor
- Design enhancements and new interior treatments for the main floor lobby
- Facade improvements to the original Goodwin House Alexandria building
These enhancements to GHA anticipate completion in early Spring 2018. New residents will be the first to enjoy the state-of-the-art elegance, dining, health and wellness and other amenities!