Palliative Care and Hospice
The mission of Goodwin House Hospice is to support, honor and uplift the lives of persons with advanced illness, their families and caregivers, through high quality and holistic end of life care, advocacy and compassion.
Goodwin House Palliative Care and Hospice provides hospice services to individuals with life-limiting illnesses in their homes in the Northern Virginia area and in our two Life Plan Communities, Goodwin House Alexandria and Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads. Our compassionate professionals work closely with patients, family members and caregivers in creating a personalized plan of care that leads to a more comfortable, peaceful end-of-life experience for everyone involved.
Available to residents in our Life Plan Communities and individuals living in their homes throughout Northern Virginia
Our approach is to integrate the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care.
- Providing pain management and symptom control
- Coordinating supplies, equipment and medication
- Arranging spiritual support and companionship
- Offering bereavement services
Our highly-trained professionals provide compassionate and accessible care.
- Offering on-call nursing support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Providing skilled care by a team with more than 50 years of hospice experience
Our organization offers Medicare–certified hospice services.
- Delivering services covered under Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance plans as a nonprofit organization
- Meeting rigorous quality standards required by Medicare
For more information:
- Learn more about the benefits of palliative care by viewing this video from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Download information about Goodwin House’s in-home palliative care and hospice care program.
- Learn about some of the honors that we have received for our palliative care and hospice programs.
- View our record of excellence and comments from families we’ve served.
- Consider becoming a volunteer. As a volunteer, you will offer the comfort and companionship of a friendly visit with hospice patients.
- Contact us at 703-578-7108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org