At Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads, our focus on holistic, continuing care promotes fitness, independence and lifelong health.
Physical & Brain Fitness
Whether you prefer to exercise on your own in our well-equipped health club or heated indoor pool, or you prefer joining in a class, you’ll find the facilities and support you need to sustain a healthy fitness regimen at Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads.
A fitness instructor ensures that residents know how to exercise safely on their own, while all class instructors understand how to promote physical fitness in older adults. They will help you exercise at the level that is right for you.
Some current classes include–
- Water Aerobics
- Fluid Motion
- Balance Challenge
- Line Dancing
- Stability Ball
- Brain Drain
- Back to Abs
Recent research confirms the value of exercising the brain to keep memory and cognitive powers sharp. That makes sense to us at Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads. Through specific brain-building activities or through card & other games, residents are flexing their brain muscles every day!
Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads offers:
- Posit science, as the first community in Virginia to offer this clinically proven, fun program to improve cognitive performance
- Neurobics, a series of exercises also scientifically proven to enhance brain performance
- Poker, bridge and other games
- Word and memory games
- Computer, book and other discussion groups
Nutrition for a Healthy Lifestyle
Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads understands the connection between nutrition and better health. From the tasty and healthy offerings in the dining room and bistro, to nutrition classes led by a registered dietitian residents eat right on their own, we support a holistic view of health and well-being that includes a healthy diet.
Our dining options and activities include:
- Formal, casual and outdoor dining areas
- Vegetarian, low-sodium and gluten-free menu options on all menus
- The option of three meals provided daily
- Classes and other programs to provide cooking and shopping tips
- Market Days to offer locally grown fresh fruit and vegetables in season
Pets (dogs, cats, birds and fish) are welcome, with specific guidelines to ensure the safety of all residents. Email us for more information email@example.com
Goodwin House is Smoke Restricted
Smoking is prohibited throughout our buildings, with the exception of a few smokers already in residence. We believe that the addition of pets and the restriction of smoking promotes health and well-being!