Health Care Services
The Goodwin House Alexandria Small House Health Care Center (HCC) brings innovative, person-centric care to Northern Virginia through our progressive philosophy, architecture and design. In essence, we’ve transformed nursing facilities into homes. The nine Small Houses are home to 10 residents in each house, for a total of 90 private bedrooms, some of which are adjoining rooms for couples.
The HCC offers:
Comfortable residences feature:
- Private rooms with large bathrooms
- Beautiful common great rooms, full-service kitchens and supportive areas that promote community, family and individualized care
- Access to outdoor walking paths and more than 500,000 square feet of senior care facilities on one campus
- Housekeeping services including daily cleaning, and laundered bed linens and bath towels
- Basic house cable, local telephone service and utilities
Services available for an additional fee include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Private duty nurses, geriatric aides or sitters
- Weekly personal laundry
Learn how the Small House Health Care Center is uniquely designed to promote community, family and individualized care by viewing our information sheet and contacting our Admissions Coordinator at 703-824-1192 or SmallHouse@goodwinhouse.org.
photo credit: Copyright Sarah Mechling. Courtesy Perkins Eastman.