Informative Webinars You Can Watch Right Now
Over the past several months, Goodwin House at Home and the Goodwin House Life Plan Communities have hosted a number of informative and engaging webinars. Here are some of our favorites.
- Advance Care Planning (July 1, 2020 – 50 minutes) Learn about Advance Care Planning from this discussion led by Nathan Kottcamp and Dr. Farrah Daly. Mr. Kottkamp is a Partner at Waller Law Firm and Founder and Chair of National Healthcare Decisions Day. Dr. Daly is a neurologist and consultant to Goodwin House Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Stay Healthy and Fit at Home (June 24, 2020 – 1 hour) Learn about the four components of fitness – Strength, Coordination, Flexibility, and Balance – from Goodwin House Fitness Managers Leslie LaPlace and Sherry Compton. In this demonstration-style webinar, Leslie and Sherry shared creative ways to incorporate exercises, you can do at home, to improve all four fitness components.
- Taming the Bear: Worry Less and Breathe More in Today’s Market (May 7, 2020 – 55 minutes) Learn about perspective and planning to navigate bear markets with strategy and peace of mind. Financial experts Laurie Blackburn, Senior Vice President of Wells Fargo Investments, and Kelly Campbell, Chairman and CEO of Campbell Wealth Management, shared their insights and historical analysis and fielded audience questions in this content-rich webinar.
- Decluttering and Downsizing (July 7, 2020 – 1 hour) Whether you are aging in place in your home or planning to move into a life plan community, decluttering your home leads to a safer and less stressful environment. Eileen Spata, Sales Director and Client Experience Manager at Wayforth and respected expert in decluttering and downsizing, shared her tips and tricks make the process manageable in a demonstration-based webinar. Eileen also fielded audience questions about organizing, donating, and selling personal items.
- How to Stay Safe through Re-Opening (July 16, 2020 – 1 hour) Gain the most up to date facts on staying safe as Northern Virginia has moved into Phase Two of the state’s reopening plan. Dr. Maggie Gloria, Medical Director of Goodwin House Hospice, shared the most recent research on COVID-19 testing, treatments, vaccine trials and affirmation of the most effective practices to staying safe and fielded a range of questions on specific infection precaution practices – from the best masks to use to having family visit in your home to taking walks with friends. In addition, Lindsay Hutter, Goodwin House Incorporated Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, provided an update on Goodwin House’s infection precaution protocols.
- Financing Your New Future (July 28, 2020 – 1 hour) Learn about the importance of planning for your future. Leading experts Howard Gleckman and Tom West shared their insights and knowledge about the future for accessibility and affordability of health care as we age. Howard and Tom are sought-after speakers who contribute regularly to national periodicals and news media.